• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Modding the case also...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Makkarah

Ok so I started my case modding rampage.

Going to add a window to it and something else later on when I have ideas.

Here's what I've done so far.

This is what it looked like...
compmod001.jpg

Ok... Then I added thing like this into it.
compmod007.jpg

Here's it in the dark.
compmod008.jpg

Ok, so I don't have the window yet. But I'm making the hole for it.
compmod009.jpg

Like that one there, I've done this much so far.
compmod010.jpg

Going to continue tomorrow.

And of course I had to cut a hole to front panel for the cathode. :p
compmod011.jpg

I gotta find some plexi from somewhere... Or else I don't have a window heh. I'm thinking of adding volume unit meter LEDs to the case front later when I build one.

Just made this too.

compmod014.jpg

It's hard to read, camera was unable to focus it.

Well the text is Idiot inside on the front. I still have to paint it a little more visible but there's a start.

Now it should be better since it has yellow border. Can't do anything more to the case now, gotta start packing for vacation.

compmod015.jpg

Whew, well my trip is over and I'm back home, and immediately thinking for the next step. I still haven't found any plexiglass store, window molding is hard to find also. I guess I have to look harder.

On monday I'm going to get my new heatsink and then I lap it, then I hope my comp cools down a bit more...

Makkarah said:
Whew, well my trip is over and I'm back home, and immediately thinking for the next step. I still haven't found any plexiglass store, window molding is hard to find also. I guess I have to look harder.

On monday I'm going to get my new heatsink and then I lap it, then I hope my comp cools down a bit more...
As far as window molding go's you should be able to find that at any auto parts store ..Just look for car door molding. If you look at the How to install a window sticky you can see how it looks. Not sure were you could get a piece of lexan in your area but if you have a home improvments store around you might want to start there..

Makkarah said:
Now it should be better since it has yellow border. Can't do anything more to the case now, gotta start packing for vacation.

http://sivut.koti.soon.fi/hedgehog/compmod/compmod015.jpg[IMG] [/B][/QUOTE]

Dewd. You need an airbrush.

Back