• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Samsung 2TB SMART Data

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

White Runner

I've attached two screenshots of the SMART data pulled off of a 2TB 3.5" Samsung HDD.

Are any values alarming or does anything stand out as problematic?

Attachments

• pic1.JPG
    pic1.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 70
  • pic2.JPG
    pic2.JPG
    57.3 KB · Views: 68
I've attached two screenshots of the SMART data pulled off of a 2TB 3.5" Samsung HDD.

Are any values alarming or does anything stand out as problematic?
The only number that I see that is concerning is the spin up time, but that isn't necessarily an issue. Instead of just posting screenshots and asking if they are a problem, could you explain if there is an issue or if the disk is acting up? I assume that you are since you are asking.

That serial # seems pretty sketchy...
If you are trying to be funny, you should instead focus on trying to help first. If you aren't, I have no idea what you are talking about.

Thanks for the reply thideras. For some reason, I'm posting this question for a friend; in case he's reading this, you should really register and ask your own questions. :beer:

He was having some intermittent issues navigating his storage drive. Playing media would sometimes cause unresponsiveness in windows, and when playing media, videos would lag.

I've found no evidence of a failing drive, except that I am able to recreate the issue on a completely different system (He uses AMD, I tested on an Intel system). Using different media players (KMP/VLC/MPC) had the same result. I was hoping there would be some info in the SMART data but nothing strikes me as terrible.

The drive has been backed up; so if it goes bad, no data lost, but if there is something to warrant sending the drive to Samsung for replacement, it would need to be done in the next couple months before the warranty expires.

Have you tried running hard drive tests against it that check the sectors and such?

How often does it go unresponsive and for how long? If it is for a few seconds and then it doesn't happen again for 10+ minutes, the drive is likely being spun down. Change the power settings in Windows to test. If that doesn't help, try another SATA cable and port. Only do one change at a time, so if the issue resolves, you know where the issue was.

Back