• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i need helpoverclocking my fx4100 no guide links please

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

manickkoul

Registered
hi oc team

i want to overclock my fx4100 to 4.5ghz can i do so?? i am currently at 1.45vcore and 20 x multiplier i.e 4ghz stable..

i want to overclock more and i need a full guide from a real person and not a link to a guide i.e i want custom instructions and i am willing to learn...

i also have a 90mm fan lying around,, any chance i can use it to cool the mosfets?? please help asap

Attachments

• cpu z(cpu).JPG
    cpu z(cpu).JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 92
  • cpu z(load).JPG
    cpu z(load).JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 92
  • cpu z(mb).JPG
    cpu z(mb).JPG
    40 KB · Views: 91
  • cpu z(ram).JPG
    cpu z(ram).JPG
    39.6 KB · Views: 90
  • cpu z(spd).JPG
    cpu z(spd).JPG
    49.6 KB · Views: 88
  • hw monitor (load).JPG
    hw monitor (load).JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 90
Mannick, at what overclock have you tested 2 hours prime blend for stability? I'm assuming that the HWMonitor SS you posted is at the 4.2 overclock, looking at it you still have some headroom temperature wise to push further. Do you have all the power saving features in the BIOS disabled? I had a look at your motherboard I'm not sure if the VRM section in that board is robust enough to push the cpu to 4.5 but the only way to find out is by trying. We have found that it helps to adjust the FSB as well as upping the multiplier, to try and find those upper limits on our chips. You should just play around with it and take detailed notes of your settings, so you don't lose your way. Try upping the FSB a little at a time but keep in check the HT Link, NB Freq and Dram speed.

i have the nb frequency at 2000mhz no fsb as its black edition and 4.4 ghz on 1.4v gives bsod as soon as prime 95 is fired up

More vcore is needed, if you are blue screening at that voltage, keep adding vcore until you either hit 55-60c under load (prime95) or you reach 1.5v, you will probably hit the temp before the voltage cap.You will need to keep those fets cool as that board is not the best for overclocking and no sinks on the fets will mean they will heat up pretty fast once you put the hurt on the cpu

Edit: I have just took a good luck at the HWM screeny and i dont know what sort of LLC or what you are running in terms of power saving, but there is a major swing in your vcore of over .05v which is not what we want when overclocking, and i also see that you are running ~1.55v under load which is also about as high as i would want to go for a 24/7 vcore. can you post a screen of HWM during P95 please?

Last edited:
You can buy something like THESE or the cheap little square coolers, but for now get some airflow over them to help them stay cool.

hey i raised the voltage to 1.45v and 4.4ghz but when i run prime 95 the last two cores show the following error

error illegal sumout
possible hardware faliure

so i m reverting back to 4.0 ghz and calling it a day.. please tell if i can do something else

Well the best thing you could do manic whether you like it or not, is read a guide like this one

If you had done any reading you would already know that when OC'ing you don't just jump from 4.0 to 4.5 then try to figure out how to make it stable. BE or not OC'ing with the multiplier and FSB is a much better approach. There are alot of keen minds that hang aroud this forum but no one can really help unless you do a little bit of homework first.

i really cant understand this guide because my asus board has totally diffrent names for the things shown there and i cant understand those things regarding the 4.0 to 4.5 matter m extremly sorry about that i will take care from now on

Read and understand the guide, then look in your motherboard manual for the BIOS settings you need. The manual will explain what each setting is.

hey! i did some more tweaking and even at 4.1ghz and 47c load temps on 1.365 vcore my core #4 keeps failing prime 95 i cant make it pass

Like Keny said earlier, you're good to 1.5V if you can keep it cool.

but when i run intel burn test it completes without errors

wtf is happening

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 61
IBT isn't as CPU intensive as a P95 blend run.

We use P95 to check stability for a reason.

Until you get to 1.5V or start to exceed 60C within 20-30 minutes.

What vcore are you getting under load? That's what counts. Open CPUz/HWM and run P95 then loon at what vcore you're pushing into the CPU under load

Back