• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

ausu m5a99x evo install help

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

chaporey

i had just baught a m5a99x mobo got it all instaled and i cant boot the disk that comes with the bord when i start i cant realy go bast start up if i let it go past that windows will not start it will fail and restart the system i tryed to do the bios update through a flast drive but it wont run of there eather can some one please help me out here?

To clarify, does the splash screen for the mobo pop up? If it does, make sure that your boot order in the BIOS is set to CD first. And the disc that came with the board isn't your OS. They'll be the mobo drivers and maybe some utilities.

yes it will, but that realy as far as it goes if i go into bios and run the **** drive first it will start windows and give r\me two options to have windows fix the problem or to start windows normiely if i start windows normally it will try to start and freeze and reboot the computer and put me right back to the splash screen my mobo has the abilty to bood from flash drive but i tryed that it i cantfine the files in the drive the folder will be there but no program.

1. The disk that came with the motherboard is NOT bootable at all so why would the board try to boot to it? It won't

2. Was your original copy of windows on the hard drive that you are re-using with the new board, installed in IDE or AHCI mode? If they are reversed now then windows will certainaly not boot.

3. It sounds to me like you might do better to put the Windows DVD in the DVD drive and when windows says boot to REpair mode let it repair if it will.
RGone...

im not shure how they are instaled how do i change it and i tryed to put in the windows disk and it does the same thing it will try to fix say it cant and to send a report to windows,and gives me the options to comand prompt ram check video check.

my old mobo was a 760gm-e51fx and the hdd is a wd blue 1tb would it help if i just put in a new clean hdd?

Googled that and it does look like that's an IDE interface. Do you have a SATA drive you can use? And what are you installing for your OS?

Wait a minute... Isn't that WD drive a SATA? Were you using an adapter to connect to the PATA (IDE) on your old board?

Last edited:
If you had an old windows install on the drive. Swapped boards and thus chipset. You can't just plug and play. Sometimes it works but rarely. You usually have to prep for it and usually it's better to do a full format anyway.

just as i thought, new board with old os install, time for a fresh install of windows.

just as i thought, new board with old os install, time for a fresh install of windows.

Yeah, I should have read that a bit more closely.

If you are trying to just swap out a mobo and pop in an old drive and run it with the same copy of windows, it won't work most of the time (Same manufacturer/chipset? Maybe.).

If you're looking for the easiest solution, I agree that a new install is best.

See I Tried to put the windows disk in but it won't read it to do anything

Ok I got it up and running i just had to change the saida ports to ied but now my disk drive won't read disks

If you would read your manual before starting to install a motherboard it would help you quite a bit for sure.

Downloaded manual E6411_M5A99X_EVO.pdf shows that All of the sata ports are set to AHCI by default. Page 39 and 40 of that manual. Page #40 shows that the Optical devices should be attached to sata ports E1 and E2 and n0t one of the first six beginning at the bottom of board and moving upwards toward the top and cpu end of board.

Back