• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED I done goofed.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

CrockSmoke

Registered
So, I took my bitfenix shinobi apart to paint the trim and some things since my monitor died and i've been forced to use my laptop until i have a new monitor. when i went to put it back together again, none of the mobo built in USB, or the GPU seem to be working, but get power. im positive i just screwed up putting some stuff back in the right plugs. anyone know where i can get help with this?

Case ~ BitFenix Shinobi Window
Mobo ~ Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3
CPU ~ AMD FX-8320 - 3.5 GHz - 8 core
GPU ~ Asus Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB
RAM ~ 8GB Ram

check and make darn sure you dont have a usd cable plugged into a 1394 port, they plug right in upside down.

I'd check all of the power cables, and then try pulling the GPU and re-inserting it. Do the same with your RAM. Like Caddi said, make sure you have your USB devices plugged into USB, and not firewire or (and I have done this) ethernet. I assume that you know that your getting power because your fans spin up, correct? Is that the case with the GPU fan as well? How did you verify that your computer isn't booting (ie: do you have a PC speaker hooked up, and do not hear a single short "beep", or does your board have a post indicator LED, etc.)

I know it's not booting because the monitor is still plugged in, and just displaying a black screen. when before it would still boot, and just flicker constantly because of the monitor.

I unplugged everything and replugged it all in, but found a wild USB connector/usb inside the case that must have unplugged from somewhere, but can't for the life of me find out where from.

By "not powered" i mean that when i plug everything into the USB, like my keyboard, mouse, headset, none of the LEDs even light up. and my mouse doesn't charge.

I just had the thought that maybe my hd isn't plugged into the right spot, does it really matter which one it goes into?

pictures incase anyone can tell whats wrong by looking at them somehow.

IMG_20130609_130947_zps0f72c0bb.jpg

IMG_20130609_131002_zpsa5b6dce8.jpg

IMG_20130609_131011_zpsb089d92c.jpg

IMG_20130609_131020_zpsb769534c.jpg

IMG_20130609_131100_zps2ae428ab.jpg

Dear peanutbudder, i invite you to my house to hit me on the head with the hardest object you can, you may then help yourself to a beer.

Thank you very, very, very much for noticing that o_O

DSCN7560.JPG

It takes a long time to lay all the wires flat and figure a way so they don't cross and stack on each other, so the side panel will close without force or a bulge.

Back