• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about buying from ebay...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AVAR0

Hello guys...i have recently registered to ebay due to i found a lot cheaper the hardware i wanted to buy...but i have some questions :bang head...Please try to don't say me noob:shrug:,i'm totaly new on ebay...:welcome:

1.Worth buying from Ebay?:confused:
Do you recommand any other site?

2.I registered at usa Ebay...so i have a question,if i buy a VGA from there,will be any problem with pin connectors or anything like that?
I think in America they use other way of electricity source...But i live in Europe...
:confused:
3.Is there any tax i have to pay?
Is there any way to avoid the tax?

4.How safe will be buying from Ebay?

5.I can't understand the bids system...can someone explain it to me please?:popcorn:

2. Nope. Pcie is pcie. All conversion of that sort is handled at the psu.
3. No.
4. Not remotely as safe as here. Depends on the seller and his rating as to how much you can trust him.
5. Read the eBay rules. :)

ok....Thank you very much your answers helped me a lot!

2. Nope. Pcie is pcie. All conversion of that sort is handled at the psu.
3. No.
4. Not remotely as safe as here. Depends on the seller and his rating as to how much you can trust him.
5. Read the eBay rules. :)

I generally sell stuff on ebay but don't often buy. I've had some really good luck and some really bad. Beware of refurbished items and auctions where the person says that they don't accept returns. Make sure to look at the feedback of the person selling the item. You can click on the number beside their feedback percentage to see the actual negative feedback if there is any. That will allow you to see why they aren't 100% if they aren't. Use a verified paypal account if you can because it does protect you a little more against evil people. I'm not trying to scare you away from the idea at all... I'm just pointing out that like everything on the interwebs caution is recommended.

Yea...i understand what you mean...but i have a question about the feedback!
Evil people can't put their friends to do positive feedback?

Oh of course they can. Sometimes people will boost their feedback by buying a whole bunch of really cheap items. Make sure to look at their "Feedback as seller". Most people will have a bit of history. Don't get attached to one item if you have any doubts. There are tons of duplicates for most things.

Back