• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GTX 780 Cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Starlo

Registered
Hi guys,

Just wanted to get some thoughts on changing the standard reference cooling on my GTX 780 to a water cooled solution. I've been looking at the Arctic Cooling Accelro Hybrid and wanted to know if anybody has used it before, and if it is any good. Here's the web page for reference http://www.arctic.ac/en/p/cooling/vga/569/accelero-hybrid.html?c=2182

I'm not looking the build a custom water loop for my rig, as I've already got the CPU cooled with a H80, it does a great job and I see no need to change it out. So rather than remove the H80 and purchase all the items required for a water loop for the CPU and GPU, which would cost $300-$400, I thought of fitting a closed loop system just for the GPU.

Glad to here from anybody who has used it before, or something similar

Well one thing about the Arctic Accelro is that it is a hybrid, so there is still a fan on the GPU itself which to some is a turn off considering one of the possible goals for liquid cooling is noise, not just performance and OCing. However, I have heard good things about this cooler as well as a few bad things. Have you considered possibly doing a custom loop for just the GPU at this time and then when you're ready you can add more rad space and a CPU block? That might be a good option if you want future upgrade possibilities.

IMO, these AIO wc are crap, liek ano other AIO. They all use cheap pump and this is the major issue. The only AIO i recommand buying is the H220 from swiftech.

If you want better cooling on your 780, get an Accelero TTII or an Accelero Xtrem3 ( wich i have ).

IMO, these AIO wc are crap, liek ano other AIO. They all use cheap pump and this is the major issue. The only AIO i recommand buying is the H220 from swiftech.

If you want better cooling on your 780, get an Accelero TTII or an Accelero Xtrem3 ( wich i have ).

:thup:

I agree as well. Either stick with air but if you really want to go liquid for whatever reason I would also suggest going with Swiftech H220. Its the cheapest way to get into water cooling rightfully so. Theres always risks but you will need to do some reading on the basics first and foremost. Either grab a 780 waterblock around $150 and a H220 around $140. Basically it will be around $300+ rougly. That 120.2 rad would cool that GPU no problem with the fans and pump that come with it. If you go AIO I wouldn't advise going that route. That's a premium chip you're cooling. But hey its your money as you can do as you may.

:thup:

I agree as well. Either stick with air but if you really want to go liquid for whatever reason I would also suggest going with Swiftech H220. Its the cheapest way to get into water cooling rightfully so. Theres always risks but you will need to do some reading on the basics first and foremost. Either grab a 780 waterblock around $150 and a H220 around $140. Basically it will be around $300+ rougly. That 120.2 rad would cool that GPU no problem with the fans and pump that come with it. If you go AIO I wouldn't advise going that route. That's a premium chip you're cooling. But hey its your money as you can do as you may.

OP stated that he already has an H80 and does not want to change it out.

*edit

I would second upgrading to an air only solution for the 780.

Do you want to change the cooler for heat reasons? If so what are your temps?

There may be another issue here.

Last edited:
Me and Boulard, we're referring to the GPU. Never said to replace the H80 on the CPU. What we said was use the H220 to cool the GPU.

Last edited:
Back