• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Lenovo Y500 battery issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kado

I have a Lenovo Y500 intel i7 3630 with dual 650m video cards. It games great for what i want it to do but I have noticed that the battery drains slowly while it is off and unplugged. I have turned off the always on USB feature as lenovo forums advices but still drains to nothing after a few days. I have tried to find a bios update for my machine but i cannot find anything on lenovos website about a bios update for the life of me. Other than having a crappy battery life there are no other noticeable issues with the machine.

Thank you for all your help :)

I wonder if it is just because of the small 6-cell battery? From doing a bit of digging around the net that i am by no means the only person having this issue. I will be calling Lenovo later today and attempt to get some answers. All suggestions are welcome :)

By off, do you mean "sleep" mode?

If it is in sleep mode, then the battery will drain eventually. Battery should last longer if you shut down the OS completely.

No, i have made sure that it has always been shut down. Battery still seems to be discharging.

Keep us posted! I'm very interested in this laptop (well, probably the 510p). I'll be interested to see what Lenovo has to say.

-RYknow

Back