• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Asus or MSI

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

awesomecpu

Registered
Ok I am about to rebuild my rig. I originaly had an asus sabertooth z77 and it went out. So I was thinking of upgrading to an asus maximux v formula, but then on the other hand I like the msi gd65 gaming edition. Which one would be best I do plan on running sli duel 680s. Thanks

Well i'm just saying, their RMA support was hell. I will never buy their products again. That's just my opinion, and my suggestion to you.

No tracking information was provided, no information on how long the RMA might take, no help at all with what they wanted from me information wise. It was terrible, to say the least.

Yeah... the tracking was off for me as well. I don't understand the last part you mentioned as it doesnt make sense to me, but... its kind of common that tracking is jacked. Asus is that way as well.

Well, anyway the motherboard now i realize was not what i should have been looking for, and regret buying it. Thanks for the suggestion though. Also AwesomeCPU, you can go with who you like. I just suggest ASUS over MSI.

What should you have been looking for? I'm curious, as I was the one who suggested it in your list of choices at the time...

Actually it was more than just one bad board ;)

Have you considered a Gigabyte Z77 board?
LOL, yes neb, your issue as well. **** happens guys.. does not make a brand bad. All brands have bad apples. Its your choice to spit on an entire brand after a bad experience, me, logic takes over and I move on. To each their own. :)

In my signature is a link to show what boards have the worst return rates... may want to check that out too.

Well I have never tried any gigabyte boards. Any suggestions on what to get. LGA 1155
also to earth dog and DarrenP Thanks for the replies. I have never had anything else besides asus. So I thought I would try another brand. And I didn't know if I was just paying for the name or the actual performance.

I don't condem the brand of asus but I don't really have the money to get the asus maximus yet so I was just trying to see it the asus mobo would be worth the wait while I get the money. Or if I should go with another brand and pay less but I still want the performance.

I'm running the Gigabyte Z77X-UD4H in my sig. Excellent board and clocks very nicely. Pretty much any Z77 board clocks nicely, but for the money I'm happy with the UD4H.

ASrock Extreme 4 or 6 are also great boards for the price. No need to spend a ton of money on a high end board when these do just as well without the big price tag. Besides getting an Asus Extreme board is a waste of money if you're not benching.

You will really be fine with ANY brand. ASUS, Giga, MSI, Asrock, all solid around the $150 price point and up. Its really up to you there honestly. I can talk what the real numbers are until I am blue in the face, and people will tell you their single horror stories on the contrary.

So I will leave you with this:

- ASRock 1.67% (against 1.90%)
- Gigabyte 1.77% (against 2.17%)
- MSI 2.24% (against 2.11%)
- ASUS 2.34% (against 2.66%)

In comparison to the previous period, ASRock has improved its score and keeps top spot in the rankings. Gigabyte has moved into second position at the expense of MSI while ASUS has closed the gap on MSI with a notable reduction in returns rates.

If we look more particularly at the rates observed on motherboards based on the Intel P67 or Z68 Express chipsets, we get the following numbers:

- Asrock 1.41%
- MSI 2.44%
- Gigabyte 2.47%
- ASUS 2.96%
Personally, I'm not damning a brand for 97+ percent success rates overall... ;)

Well I can see where you are comming from its all about features. thanks for the reply guys. Really helpful, I think I might wait to see what I can afford later. Im using my laptop which runs linux so I can't game much but I think I will be patient instead of going and choosing i mobo carelessly (I know I mispelled that word):)

And for the record, Asus has other 1155 boards besides the MVIE. I mean, I know it's obvious but you don't necessarily need to grab the bleeding top-end board just because.

Back