• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Sabo Rev 1 Bios questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShrimpBrime

~MadHatDeLidder~
Hopefully some one can help.

I have a rev one board. I'd like to flash it to a Rev 3 if possible. Is there a bios that I can use with this 1 board?

to say the least this board has issues at high volts or too low temps IE LN2.....

I read somewhere the R3 is borked, maybe it was the R2.. before you flash check that out first. But I think the rev's are physical changes of some sort that a bios flash wont change... not sure on that though. There are specific bios' for each revision, so that leads me to believe they are different in some way.

Rev 3 gives the board PCI-E 3.0 support; sorry, but a BIOS flash isn't going to help you get a Rev 1.0 to a Rev 3. Besides, the Rev 3 has issues. You're better off sticking with the Rev 2.

Listen to E_D he's got it. Rev 2.0 Gen 3 have some issues. I have a rev2 gen 2 good and solid. There's a thread not too long ago about it. Then it seemed they disappeared from the shelves. Weird :screwy:

Unreal the issues with all these Sabo boards.

It feels like my board hits a brick wall long before the Cpu does.

So I take it there's no cure unless I can flash it to a rev 2 and hope for the best. I have the original CD, so I can always boot from that and save the bios if I have issues.

Is there a specific way to flash it to rev 2. ?

I'm not sure it'll be that easy. They did make some harware changes as well.
Just looking at the product page and specs. Sabretooth R2 Vs original Sabretooth

With just a cursory look I see they've changed the DIGI+ Power Control - All-New Digital Power Control for both CPU and DRAM
Changed Sata controller. ASMedia® PCIe SATA controller (instead of JMicron's in rev.1)
6 of them are still controlled by the SB chip though.

You may want to do some more research and see if there's more. I'm sure there is. They also added a direct flash for the bios and 64Mb of memory

Yeah, I just don't think you can turn an apple to an orange here due to the hardware changes. I wouldnt flash unless that Sabertooth has a dual bios...

That also said, I would have picked a different board to do LN2 with, that's for sure.

I was just over at Classic Platforms checking out your post about the 8320. I didn't realize the Sabretooth R1 was such a PITA. Sounds like nothing works the way you'd want it to.
I tried to post on that thread but apparently someone has to check my spelling first :rofl:

I was just over at Classic Platforms checking out your post about the 8320. I didn't realize the Sabretooth R1 was such a PITA. Sounds like nothing works the way you'd want it to.
I tried to post on that thread but apparently someone has to check my spelling first :rofl:

I didn't do my research first obviously :shrug:

With just a cursory look I see they've changed the DIGI+ Power Control - All-New Digital Power Control for both CPU and DRAM

This is exactly what I need for the board. Could care less it's useless for LN2 as it sits. Good for maybe 4.6ghz stable depending on what cooling I'm running I can pull 4.8ghyz from it.

Uhg, well thanks guys. I'm gonna have to get myself a different board and call it a day.

Back