• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Raise CPU voltage or lower clock? (With working stopping).

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kyij

So I got the A10-6800k. I ran Prime95 at stock speeds of 4.1GHz. For an hour, temps stayed around 26-27. I know 25 is suppose to be room temp, so for the fun of it, I got a thermometer, and it read the ambient temp was 29.9 in the case.

So I decided to overclock but here I am now..

I really didn't want to go much past 1.5v but I did >.> (right now I am at 1.535v, at least I believe). But almost stable at 4.8GHz. Although core 2 after 10 min. of prime and at 65C, it stops.

Just am curious if this can count as a stable clock as long as all the other workers are doing fine, and no bsod's, etc. -As in, if I were to be gaming, would this hurt me or cause the game to crash?

I must say this chip is amazing for value. Really it would be worth it for the CPU, let alone the APU.. I am only playing on my 32" tv while I wait for my 3rd 24" monitor to try the eyefinity 3+1, but this already seems too good to be true.

Your CPU can't be below room temp on air cooling (obviously). What program are you using to monitor the CPU temp?

Do not OC if you're unsure what your CPU temp is.

Core temp- I know it has mixed reviews (obviously since it saying my current temp ranges from 0? to 1C-20C at idle.

Well standard room temperature is 20*C, but how cold is your room? For example my room during the winter months stays around a nice brisk 5*C thus i was getting insanely nice temps when overclocking.

Core temp- I know it has mixed reviews (obviously since it saying my current temp ranges from 0? to 1C-20C at idle.

I don't know if anything has changed but people were having a helluva time finding software that would repot the temps on the apu's accurately. I'd have to dig through some of the past posts but I think Aida was one that was good. I'll take a look.

My thermometer in my room, here in Ohio, reads 26.9-27.4C, and when I say normal room temp, I go off of the STP value of 25C.. sorry but chem ruined me.

Johan, I thought this too, so I will try and see if there is a better program too. Thanks for the ideas.

lol yea the apu's are weird... mine says 15c idle gets up to like 45c under load max which 15c is cooler than the room im in

Also, I had a feeling that it is definitely off (sensor wise) since when I boot, my BIOS wants to say my CPU is at 40C. But I feel like coretemp is more accurate in that sense since my cooler is cool to the touch.

From what I've read so far in HWmonitor free your cpu temp will show as CPUtmpin. The sensors are a little different with the APU's

Core temp sensors are calibrated to be accurate under load, not at idle. The APU core temp readings are far off even under load. They read too high. Just use the socket temp for these.

Back