• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Generally slow, troubleshoot?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bigben6

So in the last say.... 3-6 months my comp has been getting slower and slower and generally needs resets more often, once reset its pretty good for a few hours, not crashing at all, no BSOD ever... just not fast, it takes longer o recognize internet is there, Star Craft load so slowly and runs at like 15fps unless im fresh off a reboot, first thought it reinstal windoww but if i can avoid it id like too...

Thoughts?

Curnet OC is 3.7 GHZ on multi alone not other oc at all, not voltage, not NB, not mem

GPU is OC core at 825 (from 790) and on board mem at 1100 (from 1000)

It could be a bunch of things, spyware, too many programs running in the background, a virus....etc.

I have run a full system scan with MSE, SSD is at about 80% capacity, i went through control panel and deleted stuff i did not recognize and stuff i KNEW i didnt want.

Looking in task manager drop box was taking a huge amount of system resources..... and im not really in need of it right now.... like as much a chrome when it is open with a few tabs.... that feels like alot for an "idle" program....

What OS are you running? I would start by going into msconfig and unchecking all start up programs that don't need to be started up upon boot, such as drop box.

CCleaner has a very user-friendly uninstaller tool, startup processes tool, and registry cleaner tool in addition to the main disk cleanup feature.
http://www.piriform.com/ccleaner

You might try running that (and use those tools in that order). Just look for all unnecessary programs and startup processes that you can delete then run the registry cleaner and main cleaner. If the problem is too many programs running in the background competing for system resources, then this should solve the problem thoroughly.

Back