• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

400 series reliability?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Zephos

I will soon be receiving my 3rd 460 2win. According to support, both my old one, and the one I have now both passed their in-house checks. However, I can guarantee that they didn't work. The first time, I had to use their advanced RMA, which was a huge hassle. This time, their representative set up a cross-ship for me.

I was just wondering if this is an issue with this series of cards, evga, or anything else. I'd like to get a 770 or something like it at the end of this summer, but I don't want to deal with insane crashes and artifacts anymore!

Unrelated question: My voltages are 3.3v= 3.36, 12v=12.1, 5v=5.08. I know nothing of PSU's and I just wondered if these were unusually high.

no they are within ATX spec. bot i whould check with a multimeter as i don`t trust software and BIOS readings

Those readings look fine.

4 series ran hot. Most troubles on those cards came with the heat. My GTX 480 has a waterblock on it. My gaming temps rarely get over 50c, when it was air cooled, 90c was no problem, running the fan full blast kept it in the 70s.

I keep it in the 70's at highest with an extremely aggressive fan curve. Oh well, I just put in a 2005 Radeon X300.....128mb...I'm so sad

I knew I forgot something in my sig. It's an XFX 850W Pro. I also plugged in my Corsair TX650 to check the problems and no change.

Back