• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED I need help for a new cpu

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Oldie_1965

Hello Guys

Im looking for a new cpu, i did sold mine 1055T for 91 Euro yesterday.

The most at the time i playing games, and im a little addicted to overclocking.

I dont want spend more then 175 euro

Thank you

Last edited:
Could you give a bit more Info to go with!! Like what kind of Mobo its for and the socket etc. Thanks.

That's a good board. It will handle overclocking of FX processors nicely.

I'm not sure what prices are like for CPU's in your area, but you might want to look at the FX 8350, FX 6350 or FX 6200. The 8-core FX 8350 might be outside of your budget given it's currently AMD's flagship CPU, but the 6-core FX-6350 and FX-6200 are affordable and overclock very well.

FX 6200 114,99 euro 150.89 dollar
FX 6350 123,99 euro 162.70 dollar
FX 8320 139,99 euro 183.69 dollar
FX 8350 179.99 euro 236.18 dollar

The FX 8350 is almost 5 euro above my budget, i can handle that:attn:

Then you advice is, going for the FX 8350?

Tnx in advance

The FX 8350 is almost 5 euro above my budget, i can handle that:attn:

Then you advice is, going for the FX 8350?

Tnx in advance

I may be a little biased because that's what I run. :D

The FX 8350 will easily overclock to 4.5-4.6 GHz with little to no issues as long as you have decent cooling. You can get away with air cooling at this level, but you'll need to watch temperatures at the top end. If you want to get past 4.6 GHz then air cooling isn't going to cut it; you'll need to go water. The 8350 is power hungry and likes the voltage when at higher clock speeds.

The 6200 and the 6350 have very similar overclocking potential but are generally a little easier to get to higher clock speeds because they have 2 less cores to worry about. I think there's at least a couple of guys around here that have surpasses 5.0GHz using a 63xx processor; I don't recall whether it was air or water they were using to cool.

Overall, I don't like to "recommend" anything. I will say that I'm happy with my FX 8350, Sabertooth 990FX, CM 212 Hyper EVO combination. It allows me to push the chip to 4.6 GHz prime stable. Getting past that is possible but I need better cooling to handle the extra voltage required. I've posted at 5.0GHz before but it wasn't prime stable so if it's not stable, it doesn't count as far as I'm concerned.

the 8350 is the way to go, the 83xx-63xx-62xx is an 8350 that could'nt cut it
as a rule the 8350 will be the better processor even if you turn off cores.

the low-down is, most games can/do not make use of more than 2 cores, processor speed and quality are the name of the game and the gpu is more important.
my 6300 when paired with my 7850 games very well to the point that when i pair the 7850 with my 8350 you have to play them back to back to even notice.
the 8350 really shines when i run a large computation.

some of us do clock between 5.2-5.4 but these are not 24/7 clocks, "just moonshots" as you really get very little increase above about 4.8 and we find that these processors are at thay're best between 4.4-4.8 and when i want to hear my music i clock all the way back to 4.2 even though i can run it 24/7 at 5.0.

...the low-down is, most games can/do not make use of more than 2 cores, processor speed and quality are the name of the game and the gpu is more important...

Most current games may not make use of much past dual core, but if Oldie_1965 was looking for some future insurance, I'd be willing to bet that we see a lot more future games and apps taking advantage of 6+ cores.

Hey guys

first a pic of the new cpu, im come back later, first finish instalation ;P

Attachments

• fx 8350.jpg
    fx 8350.jpg
    274.9 KB · Views: 124
I would say run everything at Stock with HWM Running to check temps plus volts etc. Then the AMD Boys will help you to Overclock your new CPU!

Then post all your CPU-Z with CPU TAB, MEMORY, SPD, ETC with HMW as well!

Last edited:
Since you like overclocking, save a few bucks and grab the FX-8320 then overclock it to the level of the 8350 or higher :thup:

Maybe a bit too late for that as he has the new CPU installed and up and running, from what i saw in his last post!

Soooo Sorry Atminside we all make noob posts from time even Me! :eek: :eh?:

Last edited:
My first overclock

Ok Guys

I really appreciate all your advice and im glad i did choose for the FX- 8350.
I could buy this processor for 179.99 euro in my place.

So im readdy for some overclock, and it seems that this cpu make more heat with less Voltage as my amd 1055t. Im sure cause the 2 cores more on the FX- 8350.

Oldie

Attachments

• test.jpg
    test.jpg
    431.6 KB · Views: 93
Since you like overclocking, save a few bucks and grab the FX-8320 then overclock it to the level of the 8350 or higher :thup:

After seeing what ssjwizard wrote about his FX-8320's experiences and looking over a great number of threads with FX-8320 results, I said some months ago that AMD could, would and now did bin the FX processors to the nth degree and the old thing of buy cheap and overclock to the level of the most expensive processor does not really hold true anymore. I am seeing a few sites that review the lower to the top cpu; are now beginning to say the lesser cpu is not a sure thing to overclock like the top dog FX processor.

So just as the boards have gone thru a giant swing as to being super for FX processors, now there is a real pattern emerging that buying the cheaper processor and clocking it to the same level as the more expensive FX processor is not holding true the same as it did before the release of the Vishera/PileDriver processors. Today and with all the 'extra' cpus that AMD seems ready to release from the Vishera stable, it seems prudent to buy the big-boy if you want to run with big-boy results. YMMV.
RGone...

After seeing what ssjwizard wrote about his FX-8320's experiences and looking over a great number of threads with FX-8320 results, I said some months ago that AMD could, would and now did bin the FX processors to the nth degree and the old thing of buy cheap and overclock to the level of the most expensive processor does not really hold true anymore. I am seeing a few sites that review the lower to the top cpu; are now beginning to say the lesser cpu is not a sure thing to overclock like the top dog FX processor.

So just as the boards have gone thru a giant swing as to being super for FX processors, now there is a real pattern emerging that buying the cheaper processor and clocking it to the same level as the more expensive FX processor is not holding true the same as it did before the release of the Vishera/PileDriver processors. Today and with all the 'extra' cpus that AMD seems ready to release from the Vishera stable, it seems prudent to buy the big-boy if you want to run with big-boy results. YMMV.
RGone...

Im glad i did buy the Big Boy

Thanks

Oldie

congrats!!! you now have a dual core, a quad core, a hex core and an 8 core all for one price!!!!!!

Back