• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus Crosshair v Formula-z and GeForce GTX Titan

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dredish

I could use some help. I have an asus crosshair v formula z motherboard, 32 gb of Kingston ddr 2 2400 ram, and a geforce gtx titan with 6 gb. That is it. That is all that is connected beside the cd and blu ray devices, Oh and the three 3 tb toshiba hds, and a 240 gb kingston ssd. Go to boot and receive the dreaded error code 62. I have removed the front side usb 3.0 connection from the motherboard and have tried the graphics card in every slot. Still get 62 - pch runtime services installation. Anyone got any ideas? :confused:

What is your PSU and do you have all the GFX card power heareds plugged in and seated properly ? I would also for trouble shooting purposes, disconnect all but the boot drive from the board and pull out some of that ram. Then see if it boots.

Thanks Johan45,

The following list is my current configuration:

CPU:AMD FX-8350 Vishera 4.0GHz (4.2GHz Turbo) Socket AM3+ 125W Eight-
Core Desktop Processor FD8350FRHKBOX

MB: ASUS Crosshair V Formula-Z AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX
AMD Gaming Motherboard with 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support and UEFI
BIOS

RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 32GB (4 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2400
(PC3 19200) Desktop Memory Model KHX24C11T3K4/32X

HDD: (3) TOSHIBA PH3300U-1I72 3TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s
3.5" Internal Hard Drive

SSD: Kingston HyperX 3K SH103S3B/240G 2.5" 240GB SATA III MLC Internal
Solid State Drive (SSD) (Upgrade Bundle Kit)

CD: ASUS 24X DVD Burner - Bulk 24X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 12X DVD+R DL 24X
DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-R 32X CD-RW 48X CD-ROM
Black SATA Model DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM

BLURAY: ASUS Black 14X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 5X DVD-RAM 12X BD-
ROM 4MB Cache SATA Blu-ray Burner BW-14D1XT

CASE: Rosewill THOR V2-White Edition, THOR V2-W Gaming ATX Full Tower
Computer Case, support up to E-ATX / XL-ATX, come with Four Fans

PSU: Rosewill BRONZE Series RBR1000-M 1000W Continuous@40°C, 80Plus
Bronze Certified,Modular Cable Design,ATX12V v2.3/ EPS12V,SLI
Ready,CrossFire Ready,Active PFC"Compatible with Core i7, i5" Power
Supply

GRAPHICS CARD: ASUS GTXTITAN-6GD5 GeForce GTX TITAN 6GB 384-bit
GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 SLI Support Video Card

I had planned to use the SSD as the boot drive while setting up the HD's as a RAID Array. I shall follow your recommends although I would be severely disappointed were I to be unable to use all of my RAM since that was one of the reasons I selected this motherboard. As to your concern in regard to seating and insuring that all power leads have been connected - the answer is yes. Thank you anyway. Any suggestions are, as always, appreciated. Thanks!

You'll be able to use it once we get it up and running. Well hopefully any way. That's alot of ram to do a fresh boot with considering that nothing is set in the bios and most of the SPD info in the ram is geared toward INTEL. If 2 sticks won't work try just 1.

OK, Cool. Thanks. Got to run out for a couple of hours. Will attempt it upon my return and let you know how it goes. Once again, thank you.

Thanks for the assistance, it turned out i bought the wrong ram, i just checked the motherboards manual and saw it was not supported, just ordered the correct ram now, know anyone who's interested in 32gb of ram?

Ram that is not on the list, does not mean it will not work. It simply means its TESTED. 99% of the proper (DDR3 1.5-1.65v) will work just fine.

Ram that is not on the list, does not mean it will not work. It simply means its TESTED. 99% of the proper (DDR3 1.5-1.65v) will work just fine.

+1

As for now, try to run the memory at lower clock in the bios just to boot up for the first time. Then try to work your way to 2400mhz. I'm not sure if this 990 will really run 4x8gb of 2400mhz ram with a breeze.

UM. Never got tp bios - ram is the only thing that makes sense - unfortunately.

Back