• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EVGA GTX 760 cooling

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Hippogriff

So, looking at EVGA GTX 760 offering, we have

the reference one:

02G-P4-2761-KR_XL_7.jpg

the ACX:

02G-P4-2763-KR_XL_7.jpg

and this, that's the one of the 4GB stock version:

04G-P4-2766-KR_XL_7.jpg

What's the difference between the first and the third option?

In cooling performance? I'd say close to nothing.

The 1st one uses 8-pin + 6-pin power, whereas the 3rd one uses 2x 6-pin.

Last edited:
In cooling performance? I'd say close to nothing.

The first one uses 8-pin + 6-pin power, whereas the 3rd one uses 2x 6-pin.

OK. So, it's more or less the same noisy cooler. Guess we have to wait for FTW or the 4GB versions of Galaxy...

How does the 760 preform up against the 7950?
We have two reviews up on the front page showing how it does with our testing suite... look there. Also, plenty of other reviews on these cards... look around. :thup:

Cliff's: Depends on where you look. The 7950 has a slight edge for the most part, but also costs up to $50 more.

The third one there looks exactly like the one on my GTX 660. It's not that noisy, and the direct heat exhaust was very important to me. Depends what your preferences are I guess...

The ACX cooling is really nice and seems to do a solid job. + it include a good cooling solution on the VRM's wich is VERY important, nearly as important as the GPU cooling on the long run.

There are some shot from a REF 760 and a MSI 760 gamer.
gtx760_msi760gaming.jpg

The ACX cooling is really nice and seems to do a solid job. + it include a good cooling solution on the VRM's wich is VERY important, nearly as important as the GPU cooling on the long run.

There are some shot from a REF 760 and a MSI 760 gamer.
gtx760_msi760gaming.jpg

It would be nice to see the same test with the ACX, the Windforce, the DCU II, the JetStream and the Galaxy GC...

It would be nice to see the same test with the ACX, the Windforce, the DCU II, the JetStream and the Galaxy GC...

Ask hardware.fr ;)

They sometimes do these kind of test between alot of GPU models but the last big one ive seen was with the GTX580s, they tested like 10s of models.

Ask hardware.fr ;)

madame
monsieur
chateau
gauche
deja vu
laissez-faire
milieu
raison d'être
(different cooking terms like escargot or à la carte)
j'accuse
noblesse oblige
le jeux sont fait
l'état, c'est moi
voulez vous coucher avec moi

(more or less) my French :p

madame
monsieur
chateau
gauche
deja vu
laissez-faire
milieu
raison d'être
(different cooking terms like escargot or à la carte)
j'accuse
noblesse oblige
le jeux sont fait
l'état, c'est moi
voulez vous coucher avec moi

(more or less) my French :p

Only keep this quote

Madame, voulez vous coucher avec moi ?

;)

The cooling of the Galaxy/KFA2 (it should be the same) seems good. The iChill seems amazing, but Inno3D is not very common in the US...

I'm reviewing the Galaxy card as we speak. Cooling is solid, yes.

Wonderful. :drool:

PS: in South Africa there's already the KFA2 4GB (same product code of the Galaxy one) for around 420$ compared to 380$ of the 2GB version. Guess it'll cost around $300 in the US...

Last edited:
Back