• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asus M5A97 Raid and Video card

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JTanczos

I built a computer for my father using the Asus M5V88-V Evo with a raid 1 on his hard drives. It has onboard video with 2 screens. I wanted to add a video card to give him 3 screens. When I add the video card the raid doesn't show up! It just doesn't load the raid bios. I dont get it.

Any Ideas?

The computer runs perfectly otherwise.

Last edited:
The motherboard model number M5A97 EVO has no onboard video as it uses the two chipset set listed below and there is no onboard video in that set of chipsets.

The ASUS M5A97 EVO board with AMD 970/SB950 chipsets.

So you got to get the real model number of the board or make a much more accurate description of the system configuration.
RGone...

Ugh!!!

My bad. I thought it was the first revision. Turns out it was a completely different model number.

1 x ASUS M5A88-V EVO AM3+ AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
1 x AMD Phenom II X4 960T Zosma 3.0GHz Socket AM3 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor HD96ZTWFGRBOX
1 x OCZ ModXStream Pro 700W Modular High Performance Power Supply compatible with Intel Sandybridge Core i3 i5 i7 and ...
1 x Patriot Signature 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory with heatshield Model
2 x Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Back