• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Best Choice for OCing?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bardock

Hi guys,
I'm building my bro's rig atm and i've reached the part to buy the RAM sticks. I was thinking at start to buy 2x4GB Crucial Ballistix tactical LP but then I thought Ripjaws maybe could do the job too. Any suggestions on a kit of 2x4GB which is stable at OCing, good quality and duarable enough?

Thx in advance

Almost every memory will be good as during overclocking you don't have to touch memory clock ( unlocked CPU ratio ). Optimal memory for AMD/FX is something about 1866 but 1600 will be fine too.
Most brands make high quality RAM and really it's no big difference what you choose so better look at the price or even heatspreader design or color.

Almost every memory will be good as during overclocking you don't have to touch memory clock ( unlocked CPU ratio ). Optimal memory for AMD/FX is something about 1866 but 1600 will be fine too.
Most brands make high quality RAM and really it's no big difference what you choose so better look at the price or even heatspreader design or color.

I see.. I'll do some more research then. Thx a lot for ur response.

Back