• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Biostar TA 970

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

McCormack

I'm using a Biostar TA 970 with an AMD Sempron 145 2.8 GHz processor for a new build, and although I'm happy with the way it's performing, I'd like to juice it up a bit.

From what I've read Semprons are unlocked and can easily be overclocked to 3.6 GHz and beyond, so I went into the BIOS to increase the processor's multiplier, and there is no option to go above 14 (14 x 200 FSB = 2.8 GHz) on the multiplier.

The 970 is a fairly modern board so surely it must have CPU overclocking abilities... what am I missing?

You'll have to overclock with the bclk if you can't raise the multi any.

I'd just as soon not increase the speed of my RAM/PCI/GPU.

It's a hard to believe that a somewhat full featured ATX-sized board like the 970 doesn't offer a CPU multiplier adjustment. Had I known that I never would have bought the thing in the first place. Scratch Biostar off the list for future motherboard purchases.

Bclk will only affect CPU, NB, HTLink, and RAM. You can lower the multipliers of the NB, HTLink and RAM then raise the bclk until the CPU is where you want it.

It is allowing the adjustment, I believe the Semprons only allow tweaking up to 14x though.

OK, thanks for the help. I don't feel like taking the time and energy to mess around with those other multipliers, so I'm just going to leave things stock for now.

Last edited:
Back