• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Monitor has red tint after power outage

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

stqcb84

Hi there

I have a Viewsonic Optiquest q7 flatscreen lcd monitor. It was working just fine until I had a power outage yesterday. After that the screen has a red tint that I can't seem to fix.

As you can see from this video the entire screen is red. When I try to use the auto-adjust it flashes the correct colors for about a second then turns red again. Same thing happens when I choose the reset to factory settings option. So it seems like the monitor is still capable of displaying the correct colors, but it just won't.

I've tried using a different VGA cable and plugging it into a different computer, but the same thing happens.

Anyone know if there's a solution for this?

Hi there

I have a Viewsonic Optiquest q7 flatscreen lcd monitor. It was working just fine until I had a power outage yesterday. After that the screen has a red tint that I can't seem to fix.

As you can see from this video the entire screen is red. When I try to use the auto-adjust it flashes the correct colors for about a second then turns red again. Same thing happens when I choose the reset to factory settings option. So it seems like the monitor is still capable of displaying the correct colors, but it just won't.

I've tried using a different VGA cable and plugging it into a different computer, but the same thing happens.

Anyone know if there's a solution for this?

When you say "power outage," was it from a lightning strike?

I can't say for sure. We did have a heavy thunderstorm later that night that caused a second power outage. But during the first outage, which happened around 1pm when the monitor problem started, it wasn't raining and I don't recall seeing, or hearing, thunder or lightning.

I can't say for sure. We did have a heavy thunderstorm later that night that caused a second power outage. But during the first outage, which happened around 1pm when the monitor problem started, it wasn't raining and I don't recall seeing, or hearing, thunder or lightning.

I've seen similar after a lightning strike / power out (not on my computer). As a layman all I can say is something shorted / blew out. Owner sent back to factory (LG) and damage was too great for cost to dix.

I know this doesn't help you much, maybe one of our "sparkys" here can suggest cause / remedy. It may not be that bad.

Back