• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Well the boards OK...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Rigit

So I thought that I had a bad board. For anyone following my latest rant you know my power supply, a brand new topower blew and I thought it took the board with it. I believed this because when I put my new PSU in it didn't power up. Well turns out that the 6+2 plugs, there are 2 sets on this thing, aren't what they were on my other PSU or any other I've seen. It was when I decided to just put my Phenom II rig back together instead of being without a box for a week that I discovered this. When the Phenom II failed to light I knew something wasn't right. So I started inspecting and comparing wires on all of the plugs. The 6+2 on the old supply had all yellow on one side and this new PSU didn't. It had 3 yellow and 1 black on one side. It does have a 4+4. Put those together and it is the right setup and now it's alive. :chair:

Last edited:
Have you tried jumpering the PSU to determine if the PSU fires up without a load at all?

The PSU is a Cooler master. Pretty nice one actually. Better than the Topower that blew. No more Topower for me. You can find the Cooler Master here: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=8160005&CatId=1483 I've put it in another computer and it works fine. Fired right up. So getting nothing on the other box, no fans, no nothing on a supply I now know to be working tells me start with the MB. I just hope it doesn't turn into a free for all replace everything. I posted on another forum last night. Please ignore. It was a hasty PO'd not well thought out post.

Back