• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SLI, Overclocking, etc

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Culbrelai

Aside from temp issues my SLI 670s have been performing really well, it was shortsighted of me not to buy non-reference coolers. Whatever. Learning experience.

Anyway, I was wondering if having inconsistent overclocked boosts can cause choppiness? Also wondering if these are good overclocks. I checked Afterburner while playing Crysis 3 with everything on ultra, 40-60FPS, although choppy, very playable.

Is the choppiness is due to Crysis, inconsistent overclocks, or just being typical (looking around, 40-60 FPS is around the norm for two 670s) I happen to think it's the former because I play Skyrim and each GPU reaches about 30% usage (for everything turned up on skyrim, no mods, except for the Legendary Edition ones) and its 60 FPS constant.

cheabuddyea_zps6692c53c.png

The 'newer' more recently bought 670, also the one that isn't connected to the monitor, for some reason, is labeled GPU 1 in nVidia's drivers, and I assume so in Afterburner, this one's Core clock boosts to 1254, while the one I originally bought when I built the system gets 40 or so MHZ less. Notably, though, each GPU's memory clocks are identical, 3206 mhz.

OCFinsertimages.png

I have never run without syncing the cards. Try that and report back. Its simple to do and test.

Back