• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

R7 Lite to strip Windows

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

idkfa

Hey,

a time ago I tried to create a striped version of Windows 7. Now I'll try the same for 8 (Im sure I'll find a list on what services are unneeded, if you have one at hand, feel free to post) but my main problem is the unattended Installation.
Even though I did NOT check the box unattended in r7, after booting from CD the setup went directly to expanding files, without letting me choose the Drive I want to install it onto. I aborted directly. Ever since I experience Windows could not be booted succesfully (restart on Logo) from time to time, will have to reinstall when I have time.
Any tips how I can strip down an ISO without the unattended feature? I could remove all SSDs / HDDs I don't need, but still then there would be more than 1 Partition on my HDD chosen for the task, so not quite sure how to deal with that.

Let me know if you have any input :)

Last edited:
It should be an option in the application. I seem to remember it, I haven't used the app for years though.

The problem is, it does unattended although I don't check it. And when I would select unattended and the correct drive, I'm not sure if this still works when I pull out my SSD to avoid problems. Drive letters will change then.

Back