• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

sapphire 7750 overclocking...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kamran

well I builded my awesome custom pc today! after a huge pain of trying to fix cables! lol they weren't long and also the case panel weren't able to close I installed windows 8 64 bit whit tombraider 2013 here are specs

CPU: I5-3670K
GPU:SAPPHIRE 7750 1GB GDDR5
MOBO: ASUS P8-b75-v
ram king stone hyperx dual channel 1600mhz
I also gota case whit 2 front and 1 left and not sure maybe some other somewhere else:p maybe 1%
my idle temps for both gpu-cpu (I mean surfing web and stuff) is 30-34 c for gaming cpu 50 or 54 max and my grpahcis card max 60 65 whit 39% rpm guess maybe 40%

but in tombradier and ultra and 1080p everything max expect tressfx is max tress is normal I get play able min 20 19 max 30 average 25 27 fps! not bad:\ but I want to know how much overclocking improve it!
some questions

1-does overclocking void warranty instantly when I overclocked? or only if burned my cpu

2- how much is cahcne to damage my gpu while overclocking? whit cata software
and how much whit msi afterburn

3 can u give me guide how to overclock I wonna be sure didn't find any for 7750 on net

oh and I think im going to get a HORRIBLE 17fps in battle field 3:( so sad I couldn't find 7770:( also I was able to get some 600 series or even maybe xfx

The HD 7750 is not a really suitable GPU to overclock for various reasons. But if u wanna give it a try then bump the core clock by 25MHz, then run it and see how it goes. After that bump the memory clock by 25MHz, run it see what happens. Keep repeating the process until you get weird FPS bumps, game crashes or high temps.

Even if you oc this gpu though,i believe that the results won't be worth of the effort. This GPU has no extra 12V input which limits the OC that u can do with it and it can overheat really quickly since the stock cooler is not that big. But give it a try and see if it works and pleases you ;) Gl

ok:( does that void warranty? I mean if only try for a sec or only voids warranty if I burn my cpu due overclocking and second question how likely is to burn damage hurt my graphcis card? oh and after catalys update I get a really smoother fps that alsmot nolag seen by eye on ultimate whitout tress fx and lag but not much as befor int ress fx I tought maybe I can run whit fx that way! lol and yes:( that sucks I can't overclock voltage btw my pc is freaking cool! my cpu temps are max 54 after 2 horus of gaming and grpahics card 54 after 2 hours of gaming and 100% acitivty!

You qnt kill the gpu by overclocking. You get a decent overclock out of it. The extra 12v has nothing to do with it. The cooler should also keep things where they need to be as the card barely puts out any heat. Keep it under 80c and follow the overclocking instructions. You will get a couple more fps, but it will not be a game changer.

ok im seeing if it void warranty if I dotn even kill it! if its liekt hat not for now... if not I will do it right now:p

You qnt kill the gpu by overclocking. You get a decent overclock out of it. The extra 12v has nothing to do with it. The cooler should also keep things where they need to be as the card barely puts out any heat. Keep it under 80c and follow the overclocking instructions. You will get a couple more fps, but it will not be a game changer.

Thx for the extra info EarthDog. Well from my experience till now, in a case with decent airflow, they produce 40-41C idle with 26C ambient :sly: When I see them climbing past 55-60 I feel a bit... uncomfortably :p

hmm wow it gave me 7 more fps no anything like bluescreen everything expect power are at max I don't know exactly if power what do or helps but temps are also near 47 max

oh also as my card don't have a power cable or... can is till use msi afterburn? if yes does it improve my performance?

Please EDIT your posts instead of posting 5x in a row...

Idle temps do not matter. I mentioned the temperature you want to keep it under, 80c. There is no need to post incremental temperature updates in the first place, esepcially considering we already stated a temperature to stay under.

Msi afterburner by itself gives you no gains. When you adjust the core and memory speeds is when it improves performance.

Crank the power limit slider up all the way. This does not change voltage but prevents any limiting from power use. This will not harm the card.

thanks did I seems a little bit more heat but np oh and thanks eems afterburn is not good for this:p I tought it gives me 1000mhz oc option :0 enjoying tomb raider at 30 fps whit 10fps around increase:p still can't play whit hair tress fx

Don't know. Every card is different. I'd imagine though 50+ MHz on the core and at least that on the memory.

Back