• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED Help pick out a laptop (what specs to look for)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

pinky33

So I am helping a friend pick out a computer for HER NEEDS.

Very large excel files, lots of macros and formulas.

At first I was like "oh, excel.....any basic laptop can run excel. She quickly corrected me in that some excel files she has crashes/freezes older computers.

She is buying it at either Costco, micorcenter, or best buy tomorrow.

I will soon be posting links to options I find at these local stores. zip code 66209

If you really want to help and go the extra mile. Needs a docking station and one or two monitor output and one or two monitors for ~$1000. No more.

Thank you for spending the time to help me and my friend make an informed decision.

-Pinky

This one has vga and hdmi outputs. Can it support two external monitors at the same time? It uses NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

http://www.microcenter.com/product/4...Midnight_Black

your microcenter link is dead... whats your budget? i just jumped the gun on a laptop and did tons of research id love to give insight but i need to know your budget.

Back