• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Should i re format, quick format or secure erase my ssd

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ASUS ROG

I have 2 480gb SANDISK extreme and i want to re install on one of the ssd, should i re format the ssd, quick format the ssd or do a secure erase the ssd.
I read that re format an ssd is not recommend, is it true?

Thank in advance for your help, suggestion guy.

SE then format in windows. You have no choice but to format after you SE as the drive is not useble if you do not. If you have the option be sure to set it up to 1024 sector size (should do it automatically, but I always set it if I can).

Just that. The sector size for the drive. People always mention make sure your ssd is aligned and that is what does it. Im mobile, or I would Google you a link... Sorry.

Just that. The sector size for the drive. People always mention make sure your ssd is aligned and that is what does it. Im mobile, or I would Google you a link... Sorry.

No problem, i can look it up myseif, thank
So first, SE the ssd and during the installation of window, format the drive right?

Yep, se the drive (I use gparted disk). Then when you begin os install it should ask, if not, no worries as it should do it automatically. You can confirm alignment through as ssd.

Back