• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Laptop CPU temps 90C when gaming (BF3)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yes

Not to mention cause the ambient temp of the other hardware to be much higher

I would get a fan pad to sit it on while gaming, but it shouldn't harm it.

Ok, cool. I got a cooling pad.

Just wanna know if it's close to overheating. I thought mGPU's could handle those temps these days.

Normal, laptop manufacturers like to adjust the fan curves to run hot as the hotter the heatsink is the less airflow is required to get rid of a given heat volume. That in turn means lower fan speeds and a quieter laptop.
Now if the fans don't ramp up at 95 and it hits 100, that's a potential issue.

CPU reaches 90C when gaming... is this going to reduce the lifespan?

i7 4700qm
8gb
7200 rpm hd
geforce 765m 2gb

Your first temp spike... did you leave a game running and leave it on? or in your backpack? or anything of the sort?

Anyways quite honestly ALOT of the time these "gaming" laptops have the best hardware around but you have to remember are still assembled by human labor which is more prone to error.

99% chance that your paste on your GPU is applied incorrectly... you have no idea how many times i've seen it.

Since 2006 i've had quite nearly every gaming laptop imaginable from Asus g55vw, Hp Envy 3D with 7850m... the 650m samsung series 7... and tons of MSI as well...

Almost everytime i had higher than normal GPU temps in a newer laptop i found out it was Too much paste or very rarely too little... but most of the time its waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much just totally retardedly applied to the gpu...

Of course the process of cleaning it re-applying some good quality paste is scary... but trust me itll make a huge difference.

Back