• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

In Need of a GTX 260 PCI Bracket

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

moccor

I am RMA'ing my GTX 260 probably with the next week or so and I am unsure of whether they will like the fact that my PCI bracket has some big scratches on it and a cut off screw lol. So I want to buy a bracket, but I have no idea where to do so and eBay is as unhelpful as Google from what I searched. Anyone know where I could buy one? I hope I don't have to buy a whole dead card just to get the bracket.

Edit: To elaborate, like many other GTX, my screws were on insanely tightly that they got stripped... so I had to drill it in order to change the thermal paste which I thought was the cause of my spike in temps compared to the past.

Last edited:
As long as there is no damage to the electronics, they shouldn't care.

Do you mean like, physical damage? Because if it was fine I wouldn't RMA it :p. But when I drilled the screw, I put the card in a ESD bag and taped it up + over the fan grill so nothing got inside. I just think they might try and say the fault is from drilling it, despite numerous complaints of GTX screws being way too tight. I did this a long time ago. And they said I could remove the casing and apply thermal paste too

Do you mean like, physical damage? Because if it was fine I wouldn't RMA it :p. But when I drilled the screw, I put the card in a ESD bag and taped it up + over the fan grill so nothing got inside. I just think they might try and say the fault is from drilling it, despite numerous complaints of GTX screws being way too tight. I did this a long time ago. And they said I could remove the casing and apply thermal paste too

Yeah, you could be right. Wish I could help. :(

Back