• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confused.. They all look the same?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

10XTriplet

Disabled
Take a look at the link below.

BUFFALO NAS

I'm a bit confused on why the 2 x 1TB NAS's are so much more than each other. I know the first one has no drives, but $119 for no drive and $189 with? Really? Seems to be a great deal there. But look at the rest of them.. Why $249? They all can do R1... WEIRD! I know the last two has 2 x 2TB, but they all have the same features...

(Don't) grab the cheapest one. It's actually the best of them, and doesn't try to rip you off on included drives :) If you really want a quality NAS device, though, might want to go with something like Synology. Costs more, but NAS is definitely a get-what-you-pay-for thing.

Looks like it will be the Diskless (sounds vulgar,lol) system, and I'll populate it with either 2 1TB Reds or two 2TB. Thank you!

If there is any chance you might want to add more disks later I highly suggest investing into a synology. I cheaped out a bit on my first diskless and 6 months later I was buying a complete new unit.

Back