• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Separate Boot Menu without entering the BIOS?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

videobruce

I haven't upgraded since 2007 or so. After doing my usual ton of research, I have a questions about the availability of a separate Boot Menu outside the BIOS allowing changing boot order with entering into the BIOS itself.

I understand pressing F8 is suppose to bring up some type of a Boot menu. Does anyone know if any MB's have a separate Boot Menu that can be made available by a BIOS choice?

My nForce 570 Foxconn does have this and I must admit I'm now spoiled by having it.

Attachments

• 01 Boot menu.JPG
    01 Boot menu.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 61
Most motherboards I have seen today have something like that. Usually it varies, sometimes F8, sometimes F10. If you can disable the post screen graphics it will usually tell you if you can't find the manual.

Most motherboards I have seen today have something like that. Usually it varies, sometimes F8, sometimes F10. If you can disable the post screen graphics it will usually tell you if you can't find the manual.

I have seen ESC key for quickboot menu also. I have not seen a DIY board in years that did not have some key that went to quick boot menu.
RGone...

I don't see why this needed a separate thread from your other one... Which already asks this question...

But to answer again most boards have it.

Back