• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Smallest 600w PSU?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

EPICBYTES

Registered
I need a help finding a smallest 600w PSU in the market, preferably something is good quality and have a great warranty.
looking for my puny, yet powerful SG05

Its an ITX case, so you have to get an ITX power supply. Past that, look at dimensions.

Standard PSUs don't fit in the SG05, yeah. There aren't many SFX PSUs on the market. Silverstone's 450W is the biggest I see on pcpartpicker.com.

Well, im still keen on the decision of modding my case to accept a bigger psu...
since Im unsure if 450w psu is enough for i5 4670, and gtx 770 awhile gaming.
I checked with pcpartpicker, but I don't believe it since I have saw charts showing 770 pushing almost 390w!

Well, im still keen on the decision of modding my case to accept a bigger psu...
since Im unsure if 450w psu is enough for i5 4670, and gtx 770 awhile gaming.
I checked with pcpartpicker, but I don't believe it since I have saw charts showing 770 pushing almost 390w!

390W? Maybe some extreme overclocking under liquid nitrogen, but that just seems ridiculous. It has a TDP of 230W, which should be it's max power draw under stock clocks. Since NVIDIA only allows some very small voltage adjustment, I can't imagine it drawing more than, say, 270W max. And that's only under 100% load like Furmark.

With a high quality 450W, an OCed 4670K and 770 is close, but should be fine.

The chart shows total system consumption, not just the GPU.

Silverstone ST45SF-G is probably the best SFX power supply you can find. Will drive pretty much any single GPU system I can think of.

holy crap... totally missed that!
I need some work on reading charts haha :)

I got the same PSU but bronze one, not the gold version

It's good too, just not as good and doesn't have the modular cables which is always a good option in smaller cases. Both are built by FSP if I recall correctly, from the top of my mind.

Cheers! :cheers:

theres is any big difference between bronze and gold, im assuming the gold one is much more efficient?

Cheers to you too! :)

It's much more efficient but also has better voltage regulation and ripple control. You can read reviews for both:

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=196

http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php?name=NDReviews&op=Story&reid=319

ST45SF scored 8 and ST45SF-G scores 9.4. I've been looking into those a lot these past few days as I need to replace a SFX PSU in my HTPC. The bronze model is cheaper and I'll probably go for it as I will be pulling only 100w from it, but for a full fledged gaming PC I'd proably consider putting down the extra $20 for the gold model.

Back