• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

XFX 780i mb came back to life... facepalm expert mode unlocked.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

XFXKilla

Registered
I had, wait no... I have a XFX 780i motherboard.

During a freak accident with a corsair 600T front panel that caused enough voltage from the microphone jack to shut down my pc - never to start up again. Later it was RMA, and I went and bought all new stuff... I went with AMD because of budget. This XFX board was intel

PSU was changed, board striped down... etc. Nothing would work to get this back up and running: DEAD. ( thus the name, XFXKilla. )

Log in to youtube for some giggles, and youtube recommends a video about my MB. So this guy has similar problem.. but then he just presses down firmly on something, I read the comments the 24 pin cable... and everything started back up.

So I give it a try....even though the 24pin is firmly in place... I hit the power button and push down some more... and now my computer is back up and running. :sly:
I checked the wires... and the pins look fine. :facepalm: If I had just done this, my computer would have came back to life, and I would have saved a few hundred bucks.

Bonus round - looks like I got me a HTPC. :attn:

Back