• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Roccat Kave Problem.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

ShredzEU

I recently bought a Roccat Kave about 3 months ago, yesterday, whenever i moved the wire, it kept making a noise that i cannot describe, its definately not static, but it lasts for about half a second. After its gone, for example: i am listening to music, it changes the sounds, from louder to quieter, or the detail in the music changes from very detailed to literally no detail in it.

Would appreciate the help, thanks :D

Update: Got some replies from friends saying find the point on the Wire where its messing up and use Sellotape to keep it from moving to prevent the noise.

Could this work or can there be another solution?

I'm confused here are you connecting it to your phone to a PC to an amp?

Whats the set up exactly?

Also did you try the headset on different devices? If so does it behave the same way on all the different devices?

I'm confused here are you connecting it to your phone to a PC to an amp?

Whats the set up exactly?

Also did you try the headset on different devices? If so does it behave the same way on all the different devices?

Im connecting it to a PC.

Yes i did try the headset on many different devices, all appeared the same problem.

Although, i found the solution.

Now I'm going to go on the assumption that the "reduced volume and quality" you get is the same across both left and right sides of the headset.

If that is the case then there is 3 points of possible failure:

a)One of your 3.5mm jacks if one of the speaker jacks isnt connected properly or is leaking that would cause an obvious drop in quality (some speakers arent getting signal at all) A good way to test this is to try playing the music without some of the jacks seeing which combination creates a similar loss in quality.

b) At the point where it connects to the headset, this one is a little harder to test for and much harder to fix...

c) The notoriously flimsy rocco kave "volume and equalizer hub" some shady/flimsy resistors there. Try shaking up the volume control or putting pressure on it some times the resistors just give up or get messed up somehow if that breaks you need to get yourself a replacement.

Let me know how the further testing goes. Don't just bandage the problem and ignore it try to solve it and most importantly contact the company for a replacement.

Back