• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Corsair builder 750W ok for 770 SLI?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

xander89

Just wanted to double check that this is all kosher? Building my mate a comp and he intends to SLI at a later date.

With an OC on the CPU and GPU(s) will a builder series handle the load, or is it worth getting a tx or something in instead?

Cheers

danke! usually get builder series for budget desktop i builds but never had it for a potential SLI setup before. Better safe than sorry ;)

Last edited:
Yup that's plenty, but... If he's spending that much on GPUs, can't he afford something better PSU wise?

Strict 1k budget for the build then upgrade to another 770 later. Hes pretty tight on cash right now. I woulda liked to for for a silver + but hey such is life, builder series are solid PSU's

Yeah they're decent. Most of 'em are a capacitor bin or two down from what I prefer, but they're definitely functional.

Fair play, on a related note i think i might have to upgrade my PSU i think its on its last legs, ive had it for near 6 years now and i think it might be on the fritz.

Is corsair still the way forward? Or are there any other brands you would suggest? Are XFX ones still junk? ( as i remember?) as i've read a few reivews of late and they seem pretty solid. Low ripple, pretty good efficiency etc.

XFX is not junk. Seasonic or Corsair are solid. PSU thread has a list of many others.

I would say Seasonic over Corsair. I traded in my problematic ax1200 for a X-1050 and was very happy. Sold that recently and I'm running an x-750 with no complaints.

From what I've seen lately XFX ranges from good to ZOMGYES. The ZOMGYES is Seasonic KM3.

Back