• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Gaming Surround sound System

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SouleD

Registered
Hi there, I'm planning on getting a surround system for my PC http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16882708006CVF is what I have my eyes on im not sure if this is the best bang for my buck but it seemed pretty decent in the small reviews I saw for it's price. I'll also be getting a http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813128595
not sure if it matters just throwing that out there.

PS: I could careless for bass, living with other individuals and working at night making it so I live my life in reverse I don't have the opportunity to turn up the music very often.

Why not get a good pair of stereo headphones and a proper sound card for virtual surround sound? Seems like a better solution if you need to keep the external noise down.

That's a really expensive motherboard with a lot of gimmick features...wouldn't get it.

Why not something like the G930? You don't have to worry about turning it up too loud then :thup:

Why not get a good pair of stereo headphones and a proper sound card for virtual surround sound? Seems like a better solution if you need to keep the external noise down.

That's a really expensive motherboard with a lot of gimmick features...wouldn't get it.

I'm pretty new to all of this surround systems world, does a pair of headphones truly sounds like a full fledged 5.1 surround sound system? And regarding the mobo I know it's expensive and I still have my doubt but I didn't see any real cons

Agreed . A pair of headphone of great quality . would serve purpose

I'm pretty new to all of this surround systems world, does a pair of headphones truly sounds like a full fledged 5.1 surround sound system? And regarding the mobo I know it's expensive and I still have my doubt but I didn't see any real cons

I'd much rather have an audiophile quality pair of headphones with virtual surround sound then a really cheap 5.1 set. You'll hear all the details clearer and it'll be a much more immersive experience.

Well the price is the con, you don't need more than a $130 board. Intel isn't like AMD, motherboard plays a very small role in overclocking.

Back