• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Will my GTX 680 run better alone?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RainbowUnicorn

Registered
I'm wondering if my GTX 560 Ti is holding my GTX 680 superclocked + back? I only use my GTX 560 Ti for my second monitor and for phyX. I used to have a GTX 650 in the bottom PCI-E slot but for some reason I decided to remove it and put my GTX 560 ti. Also is does my GTX 680 have a big enough gap to get go air flow? Motherboard is a Asus Rampage IV extreme :confused:

Attachments

• baby 1.jpg
    baby 1.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 57
I very much doubt the 560TI is holding the 680 back when just doing PhysX, should be plenty for the role. If anything, it would be if the gains from using it as a PhysX card are worth it for the extra power draw.

I have the same card (GTX680) and use it for two monitors and just run PhysX on it also.

What are the temperatures of the card when gaming? Some setups have even less airflow and don't overheat so you're probably okay.

I actually started a thread about my GTX 680 temps earlier but yeah i'm getting around 75-80 and a fresh day on a daily normal day its 80-90 while gaming of course, I have downloaded Asus GPU Tweak to fix the fan speeds and now they are 65-75 gaming

Back