• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Arima 40GCMG020-D400-100 quick question

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Niku-Sama

I recently got 3 of these 40GCMG020-D400-100 motherboards, stacks and stacks of ram and extra processors and a bunch of other stuff to go with it the other day.

I notice alot of the info out there (of which there is little info over all) says that these boards were an HP server. does any one know what HP server they were a part of?

incase any one is wondering the Arima 40GCMG020-D400-100 is a quad socket F board the runs registered DDR2 ram, each socket has 4 sticks of ram to tag along with it.

each board has 4 sockets, each socket has a quad opteron 83xx in it and i have 3 boards so 4 x 4 x 3 x = is 48 cores, if each stick of ram is only a gig then the same ammount of ram, 48 gigs, over the 3 boards.

that is whats installed, i have spares, 14 extra cpus and about 24 more gigs of ram

thats alot of umpf if i can get them to work together on one thing like, oh i donno, rendering in one pass post edit?

I know it can be done with some Linux distros via ethernet.

Look into cluster computing.

Saw that but it didn't say what HP sever it came out of

From what I was reading it looked like the boards could come from nearly any server actually. I was reading for what do with the stuff more than looking at a particular server model. Oh well. Luck
RGone...

From what I was reading it looked like the boards could come from nearly any server actually. I was reading for what do with the stuff more than looking at a particular server model. Oh well. Luck
RGone...

Its cool thanks though.
Was hoping to get some stats but i guess I'll have to hunt the ic's one at a time

Back