• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Just Ordered a pair of DT990 Pro

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

kmo_9000

As the title states I ordered them yesterday and I'm expecting to have them delivered any time now today. Bought them for 164.99 and when I went back to check on the site it seems they raised the price to 249.99 after I bought them. In Canada there aren't very many stores that sell these, unlike in the states where you can buy them for $160 of amazon easily.

Can't wait to get them in, this will be my first more high end headphones. From what I hear these cans are amazing for gaming due to the large soundstage. I was wondering if anyone here has these or similar headphones and what you think of them. I'll post back when they get delivered and once I get to try them out again.

My main headset is actually the DT 990 Pro 250 ohm version. I use this with a FiiO E09K amp and the Creative Titanium HD sound card.

These headphones sound great for both games and music/movies. The one thing I wasn't expecting when I bought them was how comfortable they would be. They have very little pressure on your head which is nice when you are wearing them for long periods of time. While I haven't played many games where sound stage was necessary/helpful (mainly RPG/RTS), the sound stage in both movies and music is great.

They are great headphones and you will not be disappointed.

This is what I don't get, I think they feel really comfortable yet a bunch of reviews I've read said people think they are too tight.

Another wierd thing is that in BF3 my Xonar Game setting makes gun sounds much louder on one side but other settings sound perfectly normal.

Aside from that I love these cans. The build quality feels great. Unlike my HD555's these headphones are built from metal and ABS plastic, and they feel solid.

Back