• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Overclocking my CoreI7 (update)

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Dark_QTR

Registered
Hey guys..
So here is my PC specs

MB:EX58-UD3R
CPU :Intel Corei7 2.67GHz 920
Ram: 8GB DDR3 1600
GPU : Gigabyte HD 7970 ghz edition
HDD : 2X WD raptor 10,000 rpm raid 0 (558GB)+Extras

I'm thinking about overclocking my CPU from 2.67 (factory clock) to
3.00GHz. For the cooling part im using corsair h70 hydro

So what do you guys suggest, should I go for it?

Last edited:
Don't see why not. But I'd probably aim higher. Is your 920 a C0 or D0 stepping?

I'd look at hitting a solid 3.6ghz with a h70.

Oh hey,
mine is C0, I bought it before the D0 released (Yeah, its that old)
Also, I'm kinda noob at estimating the right clock that balance all the stuff
with each other (not the technical part though) So I figured out that 3.0
would be safe and nice :bday:

Hey..I have an update for you guys.. (bad news)

So I got too existed about my overclocking craziness so I spend time reading and learning all the night.. And i actually did it!.3.00ghz with a stable system and low tep.. so I decided to remove my old setup and go crazy!!

Here is the terrifying part.. I decided to start all over.. so what I did is that I literally "loaded optimized defaults", and I completely forgot that my PC is running at RAID 0 setup!! which is the worst thing that happened to me today.. how did I forget about something that critical? I have no Idea!.. so I spend hours looking for a way to recover RAID 0 but it seems to be impossible and the only way is to erase one HDD and recover from the other one, which sucks in my case since its RAID0..
Lucky me...!!
I already have a none-raid hard drive which have been backingup all my stuff since last week
and even if that doesn't work "which WILL NOT happen" Thank god I didn't have anything important

its still painful to rebuild the raid, install windows,recover and spend time working in all that crap but HEY at least it can be fixed

Last edited:
Hey guys
Good news..!
I successfully fixed all the mess that I did with no problems at all

Here is my overclock conflagrations (3.00)

Vcore: 1.28750
QPI/VTT 1.180
DRAM Voltage 1.640

IntelburnTest

a7o8.png

Temp

og4a.png

note, the system is using full clock when its loaded, I disabled some power saving options but Its like im missing something

Last edited:
Back