• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bottleneck or just any other dumb reason in BF3

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

balyn

Registered
Hello guys.

Just got myself another evga geforce gtx650ti boost to run SLI, to reduce the bottleneck I got when livestreaming.
However, I feel a lot of stuttering even though my FPS is around 100-150.
I've noticed the cards is only running on around 60% load as well on Low settings. The reason I'm running on low is because once again, I'm livestreaming and I'm not a graphic *****.

If I put up the graphics on high/ultra the gpu usage also goes up to around 75-85%.
My CPU usage when NOT livestreaming is around 30-50%

So, my speccs are:
CPU: AMD FX 8350 @ 4.5GHz
GPU: x2 SLI EVGA GeForce GTX 650Ti BOOST 2048MB
Motherboard: Asus SABERTOOTH 990FX R2.0
Memory: Corsair 8GB CL8 1600Mhz VENGEANCE

I run the game of from an SSD drive.
The CPU should NOT bottleneck my GPU since the GPU was my earlier bottleneck.
I'm running the latest WHQL drivers(326.41) and 1920x1080.

Any ideas how to get rid of the stuttering or just overall improve my experience?

Load up the single player game and see if you still get stuttering.

Make sure the Nvidia control panel doesn't have the performance characteristics for the cards set to Adaptive power consumption.

Last but not least, make sure SLI is enabled (when you install new gfx drivers it defaults to disabled, and I at least always forget to reenable it).

What is your CPU usage when Livestreaming? Are you livestreaming and playing BF3 at the same time? If you are than I would lay off the Livestreaming and wait for Shadowplay.

I am not familiar with your CPU but went around looking and was close compared to a i7 3770k. Should be more than enough to handle those cards in SLI. Plus BF3 is GPU bound.

Load up the single player game and see if you still get stuttering.

Make sure the Nvidia control panel doesn't have the performance characteristics for the cards set to Adaptive power consumption.

Last but not least, make sure SLI is enabled (when you install new gfx drivers it defaults to disabled, and I at least always forget to reenable it).

Could try singleplayer, sure.
It's put on "Prefer maximum performance"

And last: Yes, SLI is enabled :)

What is your CPU usage when Livestreaming? Are you livestreaming and playing BF3 at the same time? If you are than I would lay off the Livestreaming and wait for Shadowplay.

I am not familiar with your CPU but went around looking and was close compared to a i7 3770k. Should be more than enough to handle those cards in SLI. Plus BF3 is GPU bound.

When livestreaming my cpu usage is around 70-80% which is normal and since I'm a livestreamer, OFC I livestream while playing BF3 ;o
And what is Shadowplay?

Back