• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Cant unlock 4th core phenom2 x3BE PLS HELP!!1

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Mojza

This thread has little to do with unlocking of some locked AMD cpus. You would do better to post in the AMD motherboard section and give actual specifics of your system. The motherboard model is a must to know.

Also from your symptoms when trying to unlock, the cpu's 4th core may in fact be locked out because it is bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojza View Post
Hi,
Thank you for your manual its great.
Just want to ask you.I have AMD Phenom2 x3 BE. I can go to 4ghz no problem.My problem is
I cant unlock fourth core.Anytime if i try to unlock fourth core Windows 7 64 crashes in louding.
I bought recently new memory OCZ Reaper Edition DDR2RAM CL5-5-5 bcs I thought it maybe the problem but not still the same

if i go back to 3 core tehre is no problem and i can do ovecloking very well.

Can you help me pls to open all cores?thank You Pavel

My HW: AMD Phenom 2 x3 720 BE ,GYGABITE M720-US3 ,DDR2 1066,2 x sata2 hdd 512gb

There is no guaranty on un-locking cores. They're usually locked for a reason (they're bad). Sometimes we get lucky and they're not bad. Your's doesn't seem to be a lucky one. There is no magic involved, just luck.

Back