• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Athlons and Semprons coming for FM2

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dostov

Overclockers.com Reporter
CPU World has unearthed two such parts. The Sempron 250 is a 3.2GHz clocked at 3.2GHz. It’s a 65W parts with a relatively modest 1MB of L1 cache and it’s practically a neutered A4-4000. The Athlon X2 350 is also a 65W dual-core, but it’s clocked at 3.5GHz. It also has just 1MB of cache.

Source: http://www.fudzilla.com/home/item/32238-richland-athlons-and-semprons-are-coming

For people who are going with a powerful discrete GPU anyway, it makes not much sense to pay for a full-blown APU when you can have a CPU sans le GPU for less money.

The Richland tech is actually pretty fast. The CPU part of the 6800k is faster than an FX-4300.

They decreased the cache to 1mB + it's only a 1 module 2 core part. It will be extremely low end.

I'll be surprised if they only release Athlon X2. Its Fudzilla, I don't believe half of what comes from them.

They are set to release a new Trinity-based Athlon X4 also. I wouldn't be surprised to see a Richland-based X4 part in the future.

If I was to build an AMD based gaming system right now, I'd probably go for a FM2 platform. It just makes more sense overall.

Back