• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

What PCI are these?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JetEngineMech

My son just got a new (old) computer and wants to upgrade the video. Can you tell what these slots are and which is better? One looks like PCI, but the other I'm not sure. The computer specs page says "Slot 1: PCI Express x1, Slot 2: 32-bit PCI 2.3 (5v)" but there are more openings in the Express slot than just x1 as far as I can tell...

It also has this on the slot:
PCIex1/DVI (check mark)
PCIex4/x8/x16 (x)

DSCF0072.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

The black slot there will only accept a PCI-E x1 card as far as I can tell. I'm thinking the other openings could be for proprietary add-in cards... That is from an old IBM or Dell business desktop, right?

EDIT: Will fit this card from IBM, an add-on DVI connector.

Last edited:
See my above post for EDIT.

I don't know what you mean by "which one is better", but none will hold a modern graphics card.

If you don't mind modding it, you could cut away the back part of the slot (leaving an open back x1 slot) and then put in whatever graphics card you wanted...

Back