• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Asrock Extreme3 970 FX 6300 overclock

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
61c is just about the most I would like to ever see under full load since we generally suggest 62c as a max. Otherwise all seems pretty good.
RGone...

4.5 overclock

I heard it was hard to get a 4.6 overclock prime 95 blend stable on my board so i went for it and that was the best i got. Here is my 4.5 clock. @ 4.5 I left llc on auto with vcore @ 1.45 set in bios. If i left llc on auto with 4.6 clock I needed even more vcore. And only 3 hours before prime error. Capture 4.5 stable.JPG

Capture 4.6 not prime stable.JPG

those temps look good, we just need to know what ram you have and see the cpu-z tabs, memory and spd.

Keep the RAM and bus settings at default ATM. Put more cool air through the heatsink.
Looks like the core temps are possibly not low enough for stability.

Am i nuts or llc disabled enables llc. cause my volts now go up under load with llc disabled. = Actually the CPU_LLC is working the way AMD says they want LLC to work. AMD wants the LLC to clip the 'high' voltage spikes and not have an over-voltage going to the cpu. So on that EXT3 you would see a higher Vcore with LLC off.
RGone...

Back