• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

i5 3570k Corsair H110 Antec 900 OC'd 4.5Ghz

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SeMo

Just wanted to through out some numbers for people to reflect upon and get everyone's opinion.

Will get pictures up tomorrow.

Antec 900 Case - Window Mod, removed the 200 fan and modded the top to fit a Corsair h110 (as intake)
P8z77-vlk
silver 5 thermal paste
24 gb ram - corsair ram
HD 6790
1 exhaust 120mm fan, 2 other 120mm intake fans.
100x45 at 1.25v

normal load temps - 32-31-34-33
95 temps - 62-64-69-67

My question, did I get a good chip?

I'm also using XMPS in my bios so my voltage varies and is not always running the same voltage but never crosses over 1.25 usually sits around 1.22v.

Last edited:
I would flip the H110 to exhaust.

Temps look good though, you've definitely got some overhead.

I would flip the H110 to exhaust.

Temps look good though, you've definitely got some overhead.

Why exhaust? The temperatures in side the case should be higher then my ambient temperatures therefore vastly decreasing my cooling capability?

And by overhead, do you mean more room to overclock?

I'd like to go to 5.0ghz, but I'm scared of crossing temps over 80C.

I can return the corsair h110 and go into a custom loop. However, I just do see a significant change in temperatures and I have no desire to cool anything but the CPU.

Because, heat rises. You're pushing the air against natural flow.

It'll also help by getting rid of hot air from the case, and reducing case temps overall (including NB and VRMs especially).

Yes, I mean you have plenty of temperature left to use.

Because, heat rises. You're pushing the air against natural flow.

It'll also help by getting rid of hot air from the case, and reducing case temps overall (including NB and VRMs especially).

Yes, I mean you have plenty of temperature left to use.

I believe I'd be better off installing mutltiple exhaust fans rather then the single 120mm and the 750watt PSU that are my only exhaust?

Is there really even any need to have an intake fan when running water cooling?
Why not have pure exhaust, with the exception of the gpu there is no necessity to cool components.

I have enclosures for all 4 of my hdds that keep them around 30 C.

And the ram, are you serious? when does that **** ever overheat

When the case temps get too high because you don't have proper ventilation.

Back