• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

win 8 pro 64bit install problems [help]

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TURBOLARRY39

ok i`m building a new system Asus m.b.- M5A99FX PRO R2.0 cpu- amd am3+ 8350 fx black edition, ram- corsair vengance 2400hrz 4 x 8 gig, video - 2 x asus hd7870 2 gig each in cross fire, hard drives - w.d. 200 gig ssd and a wd 500 gig sata black edition. opt drive-and a toshiba sata dvd/cd r/w 48x power supply- evga evolution 850 watt modular case coolermaster with 4 120mm fans and a 80 mm fan and tube direct to cpu liquid cooler fan intake. all the parts are brand new.

Ok that being said here what happens, the bios sees the hard drive, the install starts from the cd, the select language screen pops up in about 4 sec, then the select install/repair/custom screen pops up in about 8 seconds, i click new install the rolling circle starts an an hour and a half later the enter product key screen comes up. three hours later i get a error screen driver missing i put the mb disk in with the ahci driver file on it browse select it. hit next an hour later i get same screen again. repeat to infinity. ive tried just one drive both the sata and the ssd and a third seagate sata barracuda 750 gig drive. all are good [work on my other computers] 2 wd are both new. all are formatted correctly. the install reformatts them and creates the 2 partitions for win 8 correctly. if i open a dos window the drives show up untill the key rgistration screen gets entered. ive verified the cd files from microsoft, and ive loaded both vista 64 bit and win 7 64 bit on this same computer. both did so flawlessly. ive tried putting driver files on hd and on a usb. but the win 8 intall some how wont see either after key entering. i also tried win 8 home premium 64 bit no problem. any one have a clue whats going on here. also i tried loading it on a gigabyte 990fx board with a 8120 fx procesor same thing happen on it to. ive tried also loading it inn ide sata mode same thing. ive tripple checked cables bios settings reread the manual and contacted asus support they say its in win 8 pro 64 bit. ive seen several post on this same issue no solutions, except change operating system. i`m baffled Help

im on it now in win 8 home premium 64 works fine. same settings same hardware just wont load win 8 pro 64

Sure it's not just a bad install disc? Is it from Microsoft or a copy?

Back