• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

MIS 970A-G43 VRM Heat

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kemosabe89

SO... lets start off with the fun part. I am a Intel Fanboie but what would life be without testing the waters of others? Building my first AMD platform and so far not to many headache's other then one issue. The current build "Project Bertha" is a solid pink/red build I'm doing for the wife. Took forever to show her that he laptop sucked and that a custom build was better. I'm working on a preformance/budget build as shes not as intense in gameing as I. So the issue, which my post is made. VRM cooling on a board that is so "budget" they cut cost by cutting the vrm heatsink off....:shock: SO leaves me to wonder the wilderness of the internet to find a sutiable replacment other then buying a "for parts" MoBo and taking that. SO heres what I have and what I'm thinking. Please let me know other ideas as im trying to keep the colors as close to black with decent cooling. There no reason to own a AMD and not Overclock.

Will http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5..._Heatsinks_-_21mm_x_6mm_x_10mm_-_4_pack_.html work if i stack all 4 2x2 on the motherboard with heat tape? Ideas. :popcorn:

Attachments

• 887376.jpg
    887376.jpg
    179.7 KB · Views: 22,019
Well that would definately help. You also need dome air movement in that area since you're using an AIO cooler. So you need to find some way to get fans in there. We have seen a few of the low end MSI boars in here and they're nothing but headaches for the users. These FX chips pull soooo much power the 4 phase VRM just don't cut it. Also if you have a cutout on the back of the mobo this can help alot.

Capturefan.PNG

I did this when I first got my 8350. I have since upgraded to the Sabertooth. A lot less headaches

Yeah Going to be plenty of air movement. I just need a decent fix as the OC isnt going to be super intense (wife build) Needs to play some games HD7850 1gb, and last hopefully 1 year and a slight OC. In 1 year time shes gonna get a Way better MoBo but for a budget its a decent mobo with a fx6300. Her build is in red in my Sig.

I expect you'll get somewhere around 4.2GHz, maybe just a touch above, before seeing issues with the board. As long as you have airflow across the board.

And I wasn't talking airflow through the case. I'm assuming the H60 will be in the rear exhaust fan position? This will create a pocket of dead air in the corner where the VRM is located. That is where you'll need to get some air movement!! H/S won't make any difference if there's no air moving accross them.

Definitely need airflow on the MOSFETs. A 60-120mm fan aimed at 'em is a very good start.

ok i should be able to rig some sort of spot cooling on it. I also will have 2 140mm fans on the window to help push more air in the case across the mobo and gpu. 2 120mm on top and the h60 wil be located on exhaust and another 120mm on the bottom mostlike 60-80cfm on all and 80-120SP

Attachments

• 11-144-279-TS.jpg
    11-144-279-TS.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 4,569
  • AA84499b.jpg
    AA84499b.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 4,028
  • X-Dreamer4-PK-Red-Side-LED.jpg
    X-Dreamer4-PK-Red-Side-LED.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 3,989
I'm pretty sure that link is for Mobo mosfet/Nb cooler. And yes the more air you can get down in that corner the better , the side door fans probably won't reach with that CPU rad in the way.

Guess I'm gonna have to mod the wifes case.... Example: :drool:

Attachments

• fan_casemod.jpg
    fan_casemod.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 4,195
Yeah those are specifically built for cooling motherboard MOSFETs. It should even bolt up to the motherboard MOSFET heatsink mounting holes.

I'm pretty sure that link is for Mobo mosfet/Nb cooler. And yes the more air you can get down in that corner the better , the side door fans probably won't reach with that CPU rad in the way.

Where can i pick up one of these from. It would work perfectly.:-/

Oh Kay. Come payday I will get the last of what i need and start the build. Look around for my complete build and yes.... It shall be pink.

Back