• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

SOLVED asus Crosshair v Formula-z no audio

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

RyanCouch

my onboard audio just stopped working after i overclocked...i dont even know any suggestions

loaded back to default. re installed audio drivers. shut don for 30 min. idk what else.

*SOLVED*
Turns out if you load the extreme oc profile (prepares the board for o.c.) it disables the supreme audio chipset

*SOLVED*
Turns out if you load the extreme oc profile (prepares the board for o.c.) it disables the supreme audio chipset

Yes I never would see such behavior since I never use anything but my own manually designated profiles.

Glad you have it sorted.
RGone...

i normally do all my own. but after a bad oc i had to restore defaults. and i was being lazy. the extreme oc setting only prepares it for oc you do the work. but it obv. gets rid of stuff it doesn't need too. back to 4.6 with audio

please mark this thread as solved, it contains info that is of use to us.

ryan couch, what bios version are you using? I am having issuses with my -z board.

I will be making a video tonight covering what it does and how to fix it. I have been through and through on the bios and I have figured it out.

Here's a link to a video I made showing how to fix the audio on a Asus Crosshair V Formula Z after the audio gets turned off by the overclocking profile. All of this was filmed on bios version 1503. the problem remains throughout all the bios versions that I've seen. It's not the best but it does the job.

Back