• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

8kha+ and mcx462

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

snyper1982

i was wondering if the mcx462 would fit on the epox board. i just got my board my new ram (crucial), power supply(enermax 350w), now i need to know what HSF to get, i have a cak-38 right now running on a duron 750 but i think i am going to leave that stuff all together and get a new proccessor too, so i was wondering if the mcx-462 would fit, or should i go with something else, oh yeah i plan on getting and xp 1800, any help would be very much appreciated.

snyper1982 said:
i was wondering if the mcx462 would fit on the epox board. i just got my board my new ram (crucial), power supply(enermax 350w), now i need to know what HSF to get, i have a cak-38 right now running on a duron 750 but i think i am going to leave that stuff all together and get a new proccessor too, so i was wondering if the mcx-462 would fit, or should i go with something else, oh yeah i plan on getting and xp 1800, any help would be very much appreciated.

No no it fits perfectly- that is is the same HSF fan i am using

Got me one too. These things are great! My XP stays between 96F - 98F with an ambient of about 73F and case temp of 78F.

One thing to know... it comes with four mounts that are held onto the MB with plastic nuts as to not damage the MB. And then the heatsink itself screws into the mounts. If you ever want to remove the HS from the CPU you pretty much have to yank the MB because the mounts will turn with the heatsink screws. This won't be a problem if you have a case that can expose the underside of the MB. Still, this is a minor inconvenience and the fact that it doesn't lug onto the CPU chip is a BIG plus in my book.

Oh, one other thing... use the little black washers. You'll know what I'm talking about when you get into installing it.

Good luck and good temps!

I've got 3 8KHA+ boards and they ALL run MC-462's

Well...One has an MCX-462...

They fit PERFECTLY!!!

I would caution about getting a SANYO/DENKI fan with it tho....

JUNK JUNK JUNK....

Get one with a DELTA....

I have one EHE fan and 2 SHE's...
If I had a choice They would all be EHE's...but then again I don't care about noise.

www.coolerguys.com has the best price on the MCX-462 w/ the DELTA "SHE" fan at this point.

Larry

The first Swifty bought had the Sanyo/Denki fan...
The fan blade itself was out of round BIG TIME!!!!!......

There was NO WAY that fan was EVER tested.....

I tried it off of the HS and the thing jumped all over my desk!

I was out of comission 'till I ordered a DELTA to replace it!

gave me a BAD taste about Sanyo/Denki.....

Larry

Sounds like you just got a defective fan. And you're right, if it was out of round that bad there was no way it was ever tested. Must have slipped thru the cracks.

hey larry, i went to coolerguys.com and they didnt even have the mcx462 so i am still searching for the best price as of this moment, oh yeah, is there a big difference between the mcx-462 and the mc-462 performance wise? thanks.

SURE THEY DO....I just got another!!! YESTERDAY!!!!

Here's The Link

I would think the MC-462A is a SLIGHTLY better cooler....
ONLY because MCX-462 base has been clipped in the corners to fit more Motherboards that have Capacitors close to the CPU socket.

This takes away copper from the base....

I do not think the grooved pins do ANYTHING to help....(they do collect DUST real well.... :mad:

However...with that said....I ONLY BUY MCX-462's now....

What good is a heatsink if it doesn't fit?????

Besides..the differance is SO MARGINAL.....

My MC-462A's are like GOLD to me.....
When they fit the motherboard.....and when a DELTA EHE fan is installed...THERE IS NO BETTER AIR COOLING SOLUTION IN THE WORLD!!!

(For Now

Larry

The Epox 8KHA+ fits the MC-462A JUST FINE!

They are now kind of tough to find tho..

The MCX is a better deal since you just don't know what your "NEXT" motherboard will look like!

If you do find a Chep outlet for MC-462A's ..let me know...
Most everyone only carries the MCX now.

Back