• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Downgrading MSOffice 2013 to 2010 - best way?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

OrganOfCorti

Registered
My med school automatically installed Microsoft Office 2013 onto our laptops. I hate 2013 and have a full copy of 2010 that I want to install instead.

But good old Microsoft is notorious for sprawling their programs everywhere, and I want it to be a seamless uninstall2013/install2010 process without any remnants of 2013 causing snags/hang ups etc.

I tried it out with Revo Uninstaller on my desktop, and after successfully uninstalling 2013 it checks the registry - it listed 20,000+ files in my registry that could be removed. :eh?: I didn't want to risk deleting something important to another program.

Recommendations on best way to do this with the least problems? Revo or otherwise?

Thanks. Is that fix it program easy to remove too? I am wary of microsoft's tendency to put tentacles all over stuff.

I did the same with my desktop. Installed 2013 and took it off about a week later. It was awful..Went back to 2007

I have a 2003 / 2013 combo installed, I managed to get them to run at the same time on the same system.

What does 2013 have that people find "worse" than in 2010/2007?

Uninstall, reboot, reinstall. No fancy tools, just that should do it.

I'd agree with that - the simple root usually works best.

I have a 2003 / 2013 combo installed, I managed to get them to run at the same time on the same system.

What does 2013 have that people find "worse" than in 2010/2007?

TOO many gizmo's and whistles, you need a stick of ram just to run powerpoint now-a-days. Also i'm not a fan of themes. :bang head

If it's the interface you dont like... there are programs that can make it appear to look like 2003, 2007. Instead of installing the whole office suite.

Back